We have just received the new 2014 Dakine ABS Signal in the 25L – get yourselves ready for the winter season with this functional,� backcountry� pack complete with a fully integrated ABS Avalanche airbag system.
The back pack is split in separate sections with an avalanche safety equipment pouch which is separate from the main compartment. The main compartment contains an ice axe carry strap, bag compression straps, padded waist belt and an integrated rescue whistle with sternum strap.
- Integrated ABS Avalanche system inside
- Vertical snowboard carry
- Retractable cable ski carry
- Deployable helmet carry
- Fleece lined goggle pocket
- Snow tool/shovel pocket
- Ice axe carry
- Load compression straps
- Padded waist belt
- Integrated rescue whistle / sternum strap
Size: 21 x 9 x 9” (53 x 23 x 23cm)
Materials: 630D Nylon and 1260D Ballistic Nylon
The 10 ABS Survival Principles
- Out of 262 people with the ABS inflated avalanche airbag – 97% survived and 84% of them without injury
- The original self-rescue system has been produced and tested by German avalanche specialists since 1985
- ABS uses two airbags to give you the additional protection in case one airbag gets damaged during the descent.
- Pyrotechnical-pneumatic activation for maximum reliability
- Freedom to move about and an unrestricted view to enable escape from an avalanche
- The airbags at the sides of the wearer’s body creates a wide contact surface
- The TwinBags do not turn your body into the dangerous and helpless “bug” position
- � In 97% of recorded avalanche accidents with an inflated airbag – the TwinBags were visible above the surface after the avalanche.
- � The TwinBags can be repacked easily, quickly and safely, ready to use again
- Personal practice is essential. It’s best to practice activation at home, on the slope or at your local ABS retailer.