Ocean Rodeo Flite A-Series Aluula Ultra-Lite Frame Kitesurfing Kite
A revolution in kite design that will change the kitesurfing industry a material with zero stretch or distortion!
Ocean Rodeo Aluula Flite Review - Click here
Ocean Rodeo Aluula Flite Features:
- Aluula Frame
- Zero Stretch
- Incredible Breaking Strength
- Superior Puncture Resistance
Forget compromise! The Flite featuring Aluula is a 3-strut kite that is highly responsive yet lighter than current no-strut kites, providing optimum light-wind performance, while retaining precision and control in increased wind speeds. Ground-breaking new Aluula composite material which weighs in at just 82 grams per square meter (78g/m² lighter than traditional Dacron), the material is 100% UV stable and virtually un- tearable.
The widest and most accessible wind range ever seen, the Aluula Series kites allow for enhanced light wind performance and hold their shape and control in overpowered situations. Aluula remains rigid, with the low-stretch and quick-flex properties that reset any distortion significantly faster than traditional Dacron airframes. The result is improved control when reaching the kite’s top end, and improved performance throughout the wind range.
The Aluula airframe delivers instant feedback not only from your bar input but also from the wind, with gusts and lulls instantly transmitted to your control system, giving you the ability to maximize your kite’s power, depower and turning potential, revolutionizing your kitesurfing experience.
The extreme light weight, combined with the stiff yet reactive Aluula air frame technology, means larger kites become supercharged, allowing performance levels to increase exponentially. To further build on the enhancements provided by Aluula, Ocean Rodeo has fine-tuned all our light wind manufacturing techniques and components, with the Flite Ultra Lite canopy using a proven D2 double ripstop from Teijin.
Incredibly responsive, the Flite excels in all riding styles and with whichever board you are riding. The days of compromise are over. The Flite featuring Aluula is the world’s lightest, strongest, and highest performing light-wind kite!
- Aluula: An all-new series of kites built with the Aluula BLACK material, which features a graphene-enhanced composite that weighs just 82gsm (grams per square meter). To compare, traditional Dacron weighs around 150gsm. UV stable and virtually un-tearable, the Aluula BLACK composite can also withstand higher inflation pressures. Alongside this, the Aluula bladder technology brings additional weight savings and performance gains: Aluula film weighs in at only 42gsm, compared to PU films that are traditionally in the 100gsm range. Inflated to a standard pressure of 8psi, the Aluula air frame is 50% stiffer than current Dacron/PU bladder airframes, with 20x more resilience to tearing against standard Dacron, and yet half the weight. The resulting stiffness combined with the extreme lightweight delivered by Aluula transforms inflatable kites into precision control wings, unlike anything we have experienced during our 20 years of kite design.
With no need to reduce struts, a 3-strut Aluula frame kite becomes lighter than leading no-strut kites, and, with flex designed into the airframe, these ultra-light 3-strut kites perform through the entire wind range, delivering new levels of performance for jumping, drifting, turning, and water relaunch. Aluula is so much more than light wind performance! The low stretch, quick flex properties of the Aluula Air Frame resits distortion significantly more than traditional Dacron airframes in overpowered situations, delivering improved control when reaching the top end of the wind range. Voted Best Product of the soft equipment category at this Years ISPO.
- Teijin Techno Force D2 Ripstop: Designed specifically for the kiteboarding market, Teijin’s Technoforce D2 Ripstop has high tear resistance, low stretch, and is incredibly lightweight. Each Strand of yarn is individually coated before being woven together. A second surface coating is then applied to the material, providing long-term endurance. Teijin D2 is the benchmark in quality with proven superiority in durability and dynamics.
- Shape: A high aspect ratio to produce greater lift while generating less drag for a kite that lifts you windward.
- Ratio: Creating a light wind performance kite is no easy task. The Flite contains a wide arc and large projected area to produce as much power per square meter as possible.
- 3 Strut Frame: This precision-engineered wide 3 strut frame is constructed to get the most power out of every square inch possible for high-velocity foil boarding and pure performance in light winds. Constructed with a custom blend two dacrons provide a carefully crafted balance of tenacity and agility. The struts are made of KP-E dacron providing incredible strength, durability, and rigidity; While the leading edge is made from Teijin dacron in order to reduce the overall weight without sacrificing its moxie.
- Bridles: A fixed short line bridle with a floating V design and a two-pulley system creates a direct and snappy response while also keeping bar pressure low. New to this generation are larks head loops on front bridles, and knots on the back lines making for an innovative system that stabilizes the leading edge. This allows the Flite to lift out of a loop and avoid a stall for maximum climb
- Precision Curve Struts: Hold the designed foil shape delivering the desired performance through the wind range
- Armortex Abrasion Guard: Ultra-light, non-fraying, and abrasion resistant, these Kevlar/ nylon blend scuff protection pads deliver a streamlined no snag profile throughout the kite
- Ultralite Construction: We use a blend of state-of-the-art fabrics and components in order to bring to you the lightest and toughest kites we’ve ever made. Using custom blended UV film in our strut and leading edge bladders allows us to double down on light weight with outstanding durability
- Ridge Seam: Designed specifically for the Aluula composite material and increases seam strength by over 40% compared to traditional stitching methods.
- Speed Inflation System: Get on the water faster with the speed inflation system. Strut-to-leading edge connector tubes feature easy-to-use quick clamps for added security while riding. Featuring all new EVA Clamp covers. See if your clip is open or shut. Light and easy to operate
- High Capacity Valve: Direct hose to valve connection for simple operation. A wide threaded cap is easy to tighten and even easier to unscrew eliminating the jammed valve cap syndrome. Cap is leashed to the kite, and the valve cover has been re-shaped for a smooth no snag fit
- Trim Equalizer: Keeps line lengths equal when fine-tuning kite turning speed
- Buck Stitching: This three-stage zig-zag stitch distributes seam load creating a tear-resistant, long-lasting seam.
- Abrasion Guard: Ultra-light and abrasion-resistant. The Kevlar scuff protection is also low profile, delivering a streamlined no snag profile throughout the kite.
- Variable Line Length: Tailor your kite’s performance to match your riding style and launch conditions.
- Load Distribution: Using strategic seam placement and pathways to enhance a kite’s performance and durability
- Easy Access Bladder Port: Zip entry access to bladders is neatly finished delivering a super clean entry into the leading edge compartment
- Secure Connect: Molded beads on the back line leaders deliver a secure larks head connection every time
- Secure Pump Leash Loop: Easy to locate and perfectly balanced to hold your kite in place while you pump