Take a look at the new Ocean Rodeo Rise A-Series Aluula Ultra-Lite Frame Kitesurfing Kite at S2AS!
A revolution in kite design that will change the kitesurfing industry a material with zero stretch or distortion!
The high aspect, 5-strut Rise delivers the new standard in acceleration, precision control, Big Air torque and launch performance. Ground-breaking new Aluula composite material which weighs in at just 82 grams per square meter (78g/m² lighter than traditional Dacron), the material is 100% UV stable and virtually unrippable. The combination of the Rise’s highly tuned airfoil design and the benefits of ultra lightweight ALUULA composite material delivers an ultra stable airframe, allowing for utmost rider confidence, and creating a true synergy between Big Air riders and their kite.
The widest and most accessible wind range ever seen, the Aluula Series kites allow for enhanced light wind performance and hold their shape and control in overpowered situations. Aluula remains rigid, with the low-stretch and quick-flex properties that reset any distortion significantly faster than traditional Dacron air frames. The result is improved control when reaching the kite’s top end, and improved performance throughout the wind range.
The Aluula air frame delivers instant feedback not only from your bar input, but also from the wind, with gusts and lulls instantly transmitted to your control system, giving you the ability to maximize your kite’s power, depower and turning potential, revolutionizing your kitesurfing experience.
The extreme light weight, combined with the stiff yet reactive Aluula air frame technology, means larger kites become supercharged, allowing performance levels to increase exponentially. To further build on the enhancements provided by Aluula, Ocean Rodeo have fine-tuned all our light wind manufacturing techniques and components, with the Flite Ultra Lite canopy using proven D2 double ripstop from Teijin.
*The available power and vertical boost will exceed what many seasoned kiters are familiar with. During your initial Rise sessions, please ease into your first jumps, especially in strong winds, in order to adjust to this new performance level.
- Aluula: An all-new series of kites built with the Aluula BLACK material, which features a graphene-enhanced composite that weighs just 82gsm (grams per square meter). To compare, traditional Dacron that weighs around 150gsm. UV stable and virtually unrippable, the Aluula BLACK composite can also withstand higher inflation pressures. Alongside this, the Aluula bladder technology brings additional weight savings and performance gains: Aluula film weighs in at only 42gsm, compared to PU films that are traditionally in the 100gsm range. Inflated to a standard pressure of 8psi, the Aluula air frame is 50% stiffer than current Dacron/PU bladder air frames, with 20x more resilience to tearing against standard Dacron, and yet half the weight. The resulting stiffness combined with the extreme light weight delivered by Aluula transforms inflatable kites into precision control wings unlike anything we have experienced during our 20 years of kite design.
With no need to reduce struts, a 3-strut Aluula frame kite becomes lighter than leading no-strut kites, and, with flex designed into the air frame, these ultra light 3-strut kites perform through the entire wind range, delivering new levels of performance for jumping, drifting, turning, and water relaunch. Aluula is so much more than light wind performance! The low stretch, quick flex properties of the Aluula Air Frame resits distortion signifcantly more than traditional Dacron air frames in over powered situations, delivering improved control when reaching the top end of the wind range. Voted Best Product of the soft equipment category at this Years ISPO.
- Teijin Techno Force D2 Ripstop: Designed specifically for the kiteboarding market, Teijin’s Technoforce D2 Ripstop has high tear resistance, low stretch, and is incredibly light weight. Each Strand of yarn is individually coated before being woven together. A second surface coating is then applied to the material, providing long term endurance. Teijin D2 is the benchmark in quality with proven superiority in durability and dynamics.
- Shape: An open C shape allows for fast precise steering, precision sheeting and quick water relaunch. Creating a light wind performance kite is no easy task. The A-Series Rise contains a wide arc and large projected area to produce as much power per square meter as possible.
- Ratio: A high aspect ratio to deliver more lift per square meter and a faster climb, while generating less drag for a kite that lifts you windward.
- 5 Strut Frame: It’s no secret that removing struts from kites means a compromise in performance – the reduction in weight improves light wind capabilities but the downside is reduced stability and poor top-end performance. With a full ALUULA airframe, there is no longer a need to compromise. Featuring ALUULA 82 gsm composite airframe, not only is the Rise incredibly light, but its stiff air frame performs like no other in both light and high wind.
- Bridles: A fixed short line bridle with a floating V design and a two pulley system creates direct and snappy response while also keeping bar pressure low. New to this generation are larks head loops on front bridles, and knots on the back lines making for an innovative system that stabilizes the leading edge. This allows the Flite to lift out of a loop and avoiding a stall for maximum climb
- Precision Curve Struts: Hold the designed foil shape delivering the desired performance through the wind range
- Armortex Abrasion Guard: Ultra-light, non fraying, and abrasion resistant, these Kevlar/ nylon blend scuff protection pads deliver a streamlined no snag profile throughout the kite
- Ultralite Construction: We use a blend of state of the art fabrics and components in order to bring to you the lightest and toughest kites we’ve ever made. Using custom blended UV film in our strut and leading edge bladders allows us to double down on light weight with outstanding durability
- Ridge Seam: Designed specifically for the Aluula composite material and increases seam strength by over 40% compared to traditional stitching methods.
- Speed Inflation System: Get on the water faster with the speed inflation system. Strut to leading edge connector tubes feature easy to use quick clamps for added security while riding. Featuring all new EVA Clamp covers. See if your clip is open or shut. Light and easy to operate
- High Capacity Valve: Direct hose to valve connection for simple operation. Wide threaded cap is easy to tighten and even easier to unscrew eliminating the jammed valve cap syndrome. Cap is leashed to the kite, and the valve cover has been re-shaped for smooth no snag fit
- Trim Equalizer: Keeps line lengths equal when fine-tuning kite turning speed
- Buck Stitching: This three-stage zig-zag stitch distributes seam load creating a tear-resistant, long-lasting seam.
- Abrasion Guard: Ultra-light and abrasion-resistant. The Kevlar scuff protection is also low profile, delivering a streamlined no snag profile throughout the kite.
- Variable Line Length: Tailor your kite’s performance to match your riding style and launch conditions.
- Load Distribution: Using strategic seam placement and pathways to enhance a kite’s performance and durability
- Easy Access Bladder Port: Zip entry access to bladders is neatly finished delivering a super clean entry into the leading edge compartment
- Secure Connect: Molded beads on the back line leaders deliver a secure larks head connection every time
- Secure Pump Leash Loop: Easy to locate and perfectly balanced to hold your kite in place while you pump